Since becoming a household name worldwide, Mr. David Emanuel is constantly asked by the media to give his views on his current projects, social tastes and style comments. He has been interviewed by most of the high profile British Hosts as well as such illustrious names as Barbara Walters, Jane Pauley, Merv Griffin and Joan Rivers. With this background and an amazing range of programs across the schedules covering Makeover Shows, Quiz/Panel Games and even a Natural History Documentary, it’s no surprise to see Emanuel presenting in front of the camera.
This year David has been on 16 Networks worldwide documenting the Royal Wedding, including Documentaries for Discovery TLC and extensive interviews with NBC. CBS, BBC, ITV, Nine and Seven Networks. Japanese media as well as across Europe. Culminating in a one-off doc following David back to Diana, Princess of Wales ancestral home, Althorpe to see the dress he designed thirty years ago. This got a 15% share on ITV1 primetime.
Previously, the BBC invited Emanuel to be a guest on the very popular television series ‘Celebrity Cash in the Attic’ for BBC 2. The show saw Emanuel at his home in Berkshire hunting for objects of interest, while being interviewed at length about his career and current design projects by the well-known and much loved television broadcaster and friend, Gloria Hunniford. The hour long show culminated with a public auction with all monies raised benefitting the MacMillan cancer appeal.
- Emanuel presented fashion stories for the BBC Television Network Series, ‘Summer Scene’.
- Emanuel has had two major television profiles. The first being ‘A day in the life of David Emanuel’ and the other ‘The House of David Emanuel’.
- Emanuel co-presented with actress Margie Clarke, a ten part network fashion series for Carlton Television, called ‘Swank’. This was supported by national television advertising and a major press print campaign.
- Creating the character of ‘Frock Doctor’ for ABC Television (Network), USA. Appearing on a daytime show with fashion segments visiting ‘victim’s homes to re-organise and style their wardrobes/closets.
- Filming his own fashion series ‘Designed by Emanuel’ for HTV, a ten part series with Emanuel as both host and Executive Producer. Interviewing celebrities and members of the public, discussing their clothes and style problems, taped in front of a live studio audience.
- Filmed second series, ‘Designed by Emanuel’ for HTV.
- First series for Granada/Sky television, ‘The David Emanuel Fashion Show’.
- ‘Out to Lunch’ series, ITV (Network). Hosting and cooking for celebrity guest.
- Co-hosting ‘Afternoon live’, a magazine show for Carlton Television network series, broadcast LIVE three days a week. Due to its success the series was extended.
- New series for Granada/Sky Television, ‘The David Emanuel Fashion Show’, ‘The Make-Over Show’ and ‘The David Emanuel Ultimate Make-Over-Show’, an hour long fashion series, hosted by Emanuel.
- ‘Cooking with David Emanuel’, Carlton food Network. Host and cooking a Designer lunch at home.
- BBC2 Television (Network) thirty minute special ‘The Royal National Eisteddfod of Wales’ hosted by Emanuel.
- Sang at the BBC 75th Anniversary Concert
- Hosting new show on Granada Television ‘Shop Channel’.
- ‘Ladies who Lunch’, an original concept filmed as a pilot. Emanuel hosts a chat show over lunch with three invited female celebrities, covering such diverse subjects as politics, astronomy and travel.
- Television credits include creating gowns for Britain’s most popular soprano, Ms. Lesley Garrett and the ever hilarious actresses Pauline Quirk and Linda Robson for the BBC series ‘Jobs for the Girls’. The finale culminated in a live open air performance wearing divine Emanuel dresses in patriotic red, blue and white and singing ‘Rule Britannia’. Subsequently, Emanuel has gone on to design costumes and styled Lesley Garrett, special guests and an entire orchestra for the BBC 2 Special ‘Viva la Diva’. He has also designed costumes for albums and videos including ‘Soprano in Red’ and ‘A Soprano Inspired’.
All of this as well as being invited to guest spot on programmes as diverse as ‘The Generation Game’; ‘Jim’ll fix it’; ‘Noel’s House Party’; ‘Blue Peter’; ‘Bird’s of a Feather, Christmas Special’: ‘This is your life’; ‘Shooting Stars’; ‘Stars and their Lives’…